Wednesday, August 08, 2012

He pooed!

4:55 Pm
He pooed for me! This feels like such a monumental moment! At first, he was relieving on a short leash, but when he wouldn't poo, my instructor suggested giving him a long leash. I gave it to him, and he began to pace and circle. yes, yes, keep that up. I held my breath. and then it happened. he stopped in that way that only another handler knows: the I'm pooing stop. Not the "Helllllll no!" stop, not the "I'm going to sniff this here garbage can" stop, the familiar, tell-tale stop of the universal poo. Oh yes, and it was perfect. Fully formed little pieces. I leaned over, shoved my hair and room key lanyard out of the way, and picked up that poo like the proud mama I am. That's my boy's poo, right there folks!
And on that delightful note, I'm heading to dinner in a bit!

No comments:

Post a Comment